Favorites

Lenmeo's 5-star-favorites book montage

Ghostland
Thirteen Reasons Why
Mockingjay
Divergent
Before I Fall
Delirium
Room
Matched
Crescendo
Hush, Hush
The Dark and Hollow Places
The Sky Is Everywhere
Stolen: A letter to my captor
The Maze Runner
If I Stay
The Lightning Thief
My Sister's Keeper
The Love We Share Without Knowing
The Forest of Hands and Teeth
A Perfect Darkness


After the Book's Favorite Books »
}

Lenmeo's Best Loved Quotables

Can't Find What You Are Looking For? See If It Is Hiding In Here Somewhere (-:

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Divergent by Veronica Roth



                        
Abnegation:  The Selfless
Erudite:  The Intelligent               These are the 5 Factions
Candor:  The Honest                    that society has created
Amity:  The Peaceful                       to keep the peace.
Dauntless:  The Brave


Beatrice Prior (Tris), at 16 years old, must decide how she will live the rest of her life. The Aptitude Test is administered to every member of society in their 16th year.  In theory it will tell you which of the 5 factions you would be best suited for and the happiest in. 


After choosing her Faction, Tris must undergo iniation before she can be accepted as a member of that Faction.  During the initiation process Tris discovers more about herself than she ever thought possible.  The process is brutal and involves both physical and emotional tests of fealty to the faction. She must not fail.


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I loved this book.  I followed Tris into her faction of choice and felt her physical pain with every word that I read.  I cried everytime she cried.  I recognized all of the choices and decisions that Tris made as ones that I could very well have made for myself  had I been in her shoes.  I felt the strength and the weaknesses that she carried on her shoulders as she went through iniation.  I ached to be loved and accepted as Tris did on her journey to discover who she really was and where she really belonged. 


The descriptive writing style of Veronica Roth kept me holding my breath from page to page with my thumb nail suffering from the emotional roller coaster ride that I was on.  I couldn't read it fast enough or take it in well enough to feel satisified until I got to the very end.  Once I finished, I was relieved and charged full of energy so I picked up the book and opened to the title page and started it again. 


If you love Dystopian stories, you will fall to pieces in love and pain with Divergent.  Go get it now.  Start with the title page and experience it for yourself.  Tris and her story will not be easily forgotten!

Lenmeo
After the Book

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BlogWithIntegrity.com
Parajunkee Design